Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Greggybear

I read a blog today from a guy that went to my high school.  He was a few years behind me, but I remember him.  He's 37 now and he's dying.  His writings were painful to read, but inspiring.  What an incredible will to live this fellow has.  I felt pretty shitty after reading the blogs, not necessarily for him (even though his story is tragic), but for me.  I felt shitty for feeling...shitty.  How could I be so selfish?  I feel sorry for myself because I don't have a hot body...something I can change with hard work and will power.  I am otherwise healthy.  This school mate is dying and has experienced some horrible things in relation to his health and attempts to get better.

So I talked about it, in my head to myself, and with my partner.  I said how I feel silly for allowing my weight to define who I am.  It does not.  I am a good person, with a loving heart.  But I have a weight problem and I am going to battle this, with the same determination that this man is battling to stay alive.  You are an inspiration Greg.  He is in my prayers tonight.  xo

1 comment:

  1. I've been trying to tell you this!!!! To the people that love you, it doesn't matter what you look like. We love you the way you are!

    It doesn't mean there is anything wrong with wanting to live a healthier life or wanting to have a slimmer body....but we still need to enjoy our life as we have it now.

    Enjoy the journey, stop and smell the flowers even if it means it may take us longer to get there.

    ReplyDelete